- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (Use canned pineapple, and then add the pineapple at the end if desired)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups evenly sliced vegetables (I used green and red bell peppers and carrots)
- 1-2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- canola oil
- 1/4 pound snow peas
- salt and pepper
- 4 grilled boneless chicken breasts
- Heat stove to high. Place the vinegars, soy sauce, pineapple juice, sugar, jalapeno, and ginger in a medium sauce pan and cook over high heat until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. If sauce becomes to thick, just add a little water.
- Strain the sauce through a strainer into a bowl. Briefly saute the vegetable in canola oil and then stir in about half of the sauce along with the peas, sesame seeds, and pepper.
- Brush the chicken on both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, while brushing with the sauce. Remove chicken and immediately serve with vegetable mixture, brown rice and any remaining sauce.
(I didn't use snow peas, and I like extra sauce so I made a bit more)
- For a QUICK option: use pre-cooked chicken cut into thin slices and toss at the very end with vegetable/sauce mix just until heated through. Serve over rice with extra sauce. Wah-la!