Grilled Pizza

During the summer time we love to grill.  We probably grill 4 of the 7 days a week (or more) When I found this post on Mel's Kitchen Cafe about grilling pizza, i knew we had to try it.  We have all loved it so much that we have done it several times since!!
I used this dough recipe.
Fast and Easy Dough
3 cups flour, more or less
1 tablespoon honey, heaping
1 tablespoon oil, heaping
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  It is not my most favorite recipe for pizza dough but it is fast and easy and that is always a bonus at our house!  If you click on the link above it gives you step by step instructions on how to grill your pizza. 

I like to cook my crust a little but longer, we like them crispy and it seems to hold together better!!
On our pizza we used:
my own sauce (i canned it last fall, it really is delish)
chicken
tomatoes
red onions
and shredded mozzarella cheese
the kids like peperoni and cheese
but really anything would work.  tonight we are trying zucchini, cause really we have a ton!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...