- 1 (4 3/4 oz) pkg. Strawberry Danish dessert (found by the gelatin)**
- 2 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (14 oz) angel food cake, cut into about 1 inch cubes
- extra strawberries for garnish (optional)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, whisk together the danish dessert and cold water. Cover the bowl with a piece of waxed paper and microwave for 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and allow danish dessert to cool for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream and milk until soft peaks form. Add the dry pudding to the cream mixture and beat until stiff peaks form. Then fold in the lemon zest.
- Once the danish dessert has cooled for the 1 hour fold in the fresh strawberry slices. It will look like a strawberry sauce.
- In a trifle bowl or large glass bowl, layer 1/2 of the cake cubes followed with 1/2 of the strawberry sauce and the 1/2 of the lemon mousse. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients. You can pipe on the last layer of lemon mousse to make it decorative. Chill for at least 3-4 hours before serving. Serves 10-12.
** I made my own danish dessert: (I would double it)
2 cups warm water
1 cup sugar
2 T. cornstarch
3 oz. red jello
mix sugar and cornstarch together, add water. Cook until thick and clear. Add jello. cool
I got this from Real Mom Kitchen