Got this recipe from another Kitchen Kneads cooking class. They were SO good. Yeah, I had like ten.
Came home and later made them for a family function. They were a hit. Again, I ate like ten. :)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 (15 oz) container part-skim (or low-fat) ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbs Lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs Lemon Juice (extra lemon makes it DIVINE!)
- 1/2 Lemon, zested
- Preheat over to 375 deg.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg, (1 at a time if doubling) and beat until completely mixed.
- Add the rocotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 2 Tbs for each cookie) onto the sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Make glaze. Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 tsp onto each cookie and spread. Or, to be more decorative, put glaze in a baggie (ziplock bag) and cut a small bit off the corner, and squeese glaze onto cookies.
- Let glaze harden 1-2 hours.
Calories: 110 per cookie, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 28g, Protein: 3.8g, Fiber: 1.2g, Sodium: 348mg, Potassium: 52mg