This recipe is quick, easy, filling, colorful, and delicious! (of course it is! or I wouldn't put it on here. LOL)
What you need:
- Assortment of bell peppers. (whatever you like, I used green and red here)
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts- however many you need to feed your crew
- Sliced mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 package of shredded 4 cheese Italian Blend
- Cut peppers in long thin slices.
- In a lil bit of olive oil, saute mushrooms. (I like to add a lil garlic salt) Set aside, then saute your peppers. - you could saute them together to save time but I like getting the different flavors.
|Love colorful food!|
- Butterfly your chicken breasts. (I have found that Walmart's chicken breasts are HUGE! Beat a lil flat if needed to get closer to portion size)
- **** Two ways to assemble- 1. Lay chicken flat and put a few peppers inside chicken, add mushrooms, top with some cheese, then roll chicken breast closed pinning shut with a toothpick. OR .... (see further below) ****
- Then in a frying pan with a little bit of oil, brown chicken on both sides. Place in a baking dish.
- Bake @ 350 for 25-35 minutes or til done. (time may vary depending on how thick you chicken is)
**** Second way to assemble. Before adding your peppers, lightly brown the chicken (flat). Lay in a baking dish. Layer your peppers and mushrooms. Add cheese. And DON'T pin closed with a toothpick. Leave it open...