I went to a cooking class at Kitchen Kneads for "Well Balanced Cooking" and got a bunch of wonderful, delicious, healthy recipes. Can't wait to share them.
First off, this turkey sandwich. You may think it doesn't sound very good at first, (hey, I didn't) but it is AWESOME! Like a 'healthier' grilled cheese. Mmmmmmm! The apricot on top, is magical. Not even joking. Easy and quick to make.
- 4 slices of bread (preferably whole-grain)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Provolone or low-fat mozzarella in 1-2 oz slices
- sliced turkey
- baby spinach
- apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange slices of bread on a cookie sheet and brush each with olive oil. (I cut mine in half to begin with... but you don't have to.)
- Top with spinach, 2 slices of turkey, and cheese.
- Toast in oven for approx 5-7 min, or until bread is slightly crisp and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Top each sandwich with about 2 tsp apricot preserves, spreading over hot cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Eat up!