Boneless Chicken Cacciatore

I'm always up for trying new things. This is one I've never had before, thought it sounded good... and it was! Yay! I love it when that happens. :)

I got a new crock pot for Christmas and have been trying to find good recipes to make with it... I've made a few that I wasn't too happy with (the reason for my lack of posting)... Maybe I'll try those again with a few tweaks... but til then, here is the first crock pot recipe for this blog.

Ingredients:
6 chicken breasts, boneless (sliced in half)
olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
32 ounces tomato sauce
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic, minced
6 ounces sliced mushrooms (can/jar)
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup dry red wine (optional)

Directions:
1- Coat bottom of a skillet with olive oil, heat on stove top set to medium heat, and brown chicken on both sides.
2- Drain and add chicken to crock pot.
3- Combine all other ingredients with chicken.
4- Cover and cook on Low for 5-7 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
5- Serve over any pasta. (or rice, or nothing... whatever you want.)
Optional- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
Wah-lah!
* Looking for BREAD STICKS to go with it? Try THESE ones! *

I seriously love it when my food it pretty and colorful when I cook. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...