Thanks Kaleena for this recipe!
(sorry this pic doesn't do it's deliciousness justice.)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder OR 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
1 Tbsp oil
2 cans (15.5 oz each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
2 cans (4 oz ea) chopped green chiles (if you like less spicy, just add one can)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chiles, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; Simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in Sour cream and whipping cream.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve.