Firecracker Bites

I came across these lil beauties while waiting in line at Walmart a couple weeks ago. (I know what you're thinking... A line at Walmart?? No way! Ha ha) So I thought I'd try to be a lil festive this holiday and give em a shot. But of course, I go to Walmart at midnight and they are out of cream cheese and licorice. Just my luck.

 
(I used the website photo since I didn't have the licorice.
I want to make sure you get the full effect.) :)

Right out of the freezer they remind me of an ice cream sandwich. YUMMY! Great for any summer time treat.

What You Need!

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup  cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1-1/2 cups  thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
1 pkg. (12 oz.) NILLA Wafers
1/2 cup  mixed red, white and blue sprinkles
42 pieces red string licorice (1 inch)


BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP.
SPOON about 1-1/2 Tbsp. pudding mixture onto each of half the wafers; cover with remaining wafers to make sandwiches. Freeze 2 hours or until filling is firm.
SPREAD tops of wafer sandwiches with remaining COOL WHIP. Dip in sprinkles. Insert licorice piece in top of each for the fuse. Freeze until ready to serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...