This is a Pampered Chef recipe, but since I don't have the 'special' Pampered Chef stuff, I had to improvise a little... Like, using the oven instead of the microwave. And using a 13x9 pan, instead of their Deep Covered Baker. Still came out DELICIOUS!
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce *
12 (6 in) corn tortillas (may need a few more if using a 13x9 pan) **
3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- Place cream cheese in microwave save bowl, microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix well.
- Chop onion, set aside. Spread 2/3 cup enchilada sauce over bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Dip tortillas into enchilada sauce (in a bowl) and arrange in pan covering bottom. Overlapping if necessary.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mix over tortillas. Top with 1 cup of chicken, and 1/3 of the onions. Repeat layer. (Dip tortillas, arrange, add cream cheese mix, chicken, and onion.)
- Dip remaining tortillas in sauce, and arrange on top. Top off with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 350 for about 30-45 minutes. (til cheese is melted, and center of lasagna is warm)
Sorry I forgot to take a final pic. Oops.
* If desired, 1 bottle (22 oz) medium salsa combined with 1/2 cup water can be substituted for the enchilada sauce. *
** Corn tortillas are pretty strong, in flavor, (I think) so next time I may add a couple flour tortillas. Only a few cuz they will get soggy faster than corn.**