Monterey Chicken

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy with school, work, and family things. Haven't had much time to cook. I miss it. I have a few things I've made to post, and a couple on deck, so hopefully I can get it together and get them done!

This meal was quite easy and very delicious! I got the recipe from a blog called all things simple via pinterest. (which I am new to, but so far love) I borrowed this picture from there as well. I REALLY need to learn how to take better pics of food. Til then....


MONTEREY CHICKEN
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 c. bar-b-que sauce (I used Bull's Eye)
  • 1/4 c. real bacon bits
  • 1 c. colby and jack cheese, shredded
  • 1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
  • sliced green onions
  • pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper. Grill chicken until no long pink (used our George Foreman grill) and place on baking sheet covered with foil. Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions, and one tablespoon of bacon bits. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...