Its been awhile... Thanks to pinterest, I have lots of fun new things I have tried...hopefully I can get back on the ball!!
Here are some Mini Mexican Pizzas. Everybody loved them!!
- 3-4 large whole wheat tortilla’s, or enough to cut out 12 small circles (I prefer low carb/high fiber tortillas)
- 1 cup lean ground turkey, cooked (OR lean ground beef OR 1 cup Morning Star Meatless Crumbles)
- 1/2 cup salsa of choice (I used one with corn)
- 2 tsp dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup low fat refried beans
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded mexican blend or 2% cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.
- Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. (Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin, it should just fit snuggly!)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop 1/8th cup of meat mixture into each wrap.
- Top with shredded cheese, (dividing evenly between each pizza), and olives if desired
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Wait for mini Mexican pizzas to cool, and remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease!