(Not Fried) Fried Ice Cream

To my dear friend Kellee... Your are awesome! Thank you for introducing me to this dessert. I've made it the past two weekends, and everyone that tried it LOVED it. Definitely a keeper.

The only difference I made, was the almonds. I used sliced, because it was what I had in my cupboard. And 8 ounces seemed like A LOT. (especially cuz I don't really like nuts in my food). So of my 4.5 oz pouch, I only put about half, and it was still tasty. Just throwing that out there.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 c butter
  • 1 1/2 c brown sugar
  •  1 c sweetened coconut
  • 8 oz slivered almonds
  • 3 1/2 c crushed rice chex
  • 1/2 gal vanilla ice cream (keep in mind, you need 2 qts to = 1/2 gallon. The boxes of ice cream aren't quite that. At least, I never found one)

Directions:
  • Melt butter. Add brown sugar and bring to boil for 1 minute. Add coconut, almonds, and rice chex.
  • Press half of the mix in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
  • Cut ice cream and fill pan. (I thought boxed ice cream made this easy because they would lay flat)
  • Place rest of the mix on top.
  • Cover with foil and freeze.
YUM!!!



 I had to take a pic of the coconut.
It just looked too pretty in that blue cup.

The Mix.

1 comment:

Kellee Smith said...

Look at that, my recipe made your cute blog. So glad u like it. I also love to drizzle caramel ice cream topper over it. I mean why not just go all the way? No calorie counting on the weekend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...