My blender broke while trying to make this, so a lil shout out to Kassey for being such an awesome neighbor and loaning me her's. Otherwise, this meal would not have happened... at least not that night. :)
I also calculated this recipe using caloriecount.com and it's only ~250 calories per serving! Love that!!!
- 10 ounces zucchini (about 2 medium), trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño chiles
- 1 1/4 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided ***comments on the site said this was too much salt... I used about half this and that seemed just right to me...***
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 6-ounce skinless halibut fillets or cod fillets.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender. Add 1 1/4 tsp salt. (about half this, if you decided to use less like I did) Puree until salsa is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill. (can be made 2 hours ahead)
- Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil. Coat foil with nonstick spray. Combine pepper, coriander, and remaining salt in a small bowl; stir to blend. Pat fish dry. Sprinkle fish on all sides with seasoning mixture.
- Arrange fish on prepared pan. Broil until just opaque in center, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Transfer fish to plates. Spoon some salsa over top. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with remaining salsa.