For my sons 9th birthday he wanted an ice cream cake! I got the basic recipe from
- 1 box of brownie mix(ingredients list on back)
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream (I used vanilla)
- Mini peanut butter cups (cut in half)
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Pint of whip cream, whipped
- Bake brownies according to the box into a 10.5 inch spring form pan. Cool.
- Cover with a layer of hot fudge sauce.
- Unwrap candy and cut into quarters. Set aside enough to sprinkle on the top at the end. Soften ice cream and add candy into ice cream. Spread on top of brownie/hot fudge layer and return to the freezer to harden up.
- Before serving whip the cream. Remove the sides of the spring form pan and spread whipped cream on top. Drizzle with more hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce and top with remaining candy. Can return to the freezer or serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hot Fudge Recipe From Your Home Based Mom
Mom’s Hot Fudge Sauce
2 C chocolate chips (your choice – dark, semi sweet or milk)
1 can (1 1/3 C) evaporated milk
1/2 C butter
2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Melt chips, butter, milk and powdered sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes – stirring constantly. Take off heat and allow to thicken. Add vanilla
This cake was a huge hit, I kind of wished I had made more so I could have seconds!!!