'Better-than-Cafe-Rio' Shredded Sweet Pork

Seriously, I'd eat this every day. #1, it's made in the crock pot. Minimal work. I like that. #2, it's delicious! Just as good, if not better than Cafe Rio if you ask me, or my brother, or my brother in-law, or my sister, or my step dad... they all agree. Plus, the dressing is HEAVEN. I LOVE cilantro! Added a little extra. :)


I borrowed this pic from online. Forgot to take a pic.

Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs pork (or chicken breasts) *
  • 16 oz bottle of chunky salsa (I used Pace Medium)
  • 1 can Coke (any soda. I've used coke, coke zero, Dr Pepper.. all are yummy!)
  • 2 cups brown sugar
Place pork in crock pot and fill it 1/2 way up the pork with water. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Drain off water. Cut pork in thirds. In blender/processor, mix salsa, sugar, and soda. (just enough so chunks are gone) Pour on top of pork. Cook additional 3 hours on HIGH. Shred pork with forks. Leave on low/warm until ready to serve.

*If doing chicken, cook in crock on LOW for 6 hours. Then drain water, pour sauce over chicken, and cook an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour. Shred chicken with forks.*


Dressing:
  • 1 Package Hidden Valley Ranch
  • 1 cup mayo 
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2-4 Tablespoons of LaVictoria Green Taco Sauce 
  • I like to add a little lime juice (opt)
Mix in a blender/food processor.


Serve it as a salad, or burrito, or just over rice! Either way, you can't go wrong. Mmmmmmm......






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Better??? No way! But delicious?? Yes way!!! :) I make this way too often and it's good every time! Easy freezable too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...